- University Memorial Hall interior -- Frieze Memorial Organ
- 1894 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. University Hall; Interiors. Auditorium and Frieze Memorial Organ. no. 306
- Jenison, Edward S., architect. Originally kinown as "The Great Columbian Exposition Organ," built by Farrand & Votey Organ Co. In 1894, the University Musical Society bought the organ. (It had been at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893.) The organ was transported to Ann Arbor and rebuilt in the old University Hall; formally dedicated in December 1894; in place at the second annual May festival in 1895. Named after Henry S. Frieze, music patron and acting president in the late 1800s. Moved to Hill Auditorium when it was built in 1913. Received extensive repairs in 1928.
- University Hall (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Stages (Platforms)
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 4 sepia tone photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:27:20
26257 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.