- Hagerman - Hegeler - White Bell of 1883
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Statuary, monuments, etc. Class boulders and trees. no. 288
- Largest of 5 peal of bells presented to the university in 1883 by Andrew D. White, James J. Hagerman, and Edward C. Hegeler. From 1883 to 1936 the five bells were first in the Library Tower and then in the tower of the Old Engineering Building. In 1942 they were melted down for the war effort.
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:25:37
27847 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Centennial items: 175, owner: phmccune