- Tappan oak boulder with tablet placed by class of '58
- 1905 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Tree before 1858; boulder ca. 1883; bronze plaque 1904. In spring of 1858 the Class of 1858 named this oak (growing near center of campus) the Tappan Oak as a tribute to then Pres. Henry P. Tappan). Stone was given by the "Tappan Boys" (class of 58) and placed ca. 1883. Plaque created in 1904. Photograph is crumbled and creased.
- University of Michigan. Class of 1858
- Winter--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Plaques--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Monuments & memorials--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Prints; Prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Printed article
- Scan Source
- 7 1/4 x 9 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:25:27
25243 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact Bentley Historical Library for further information.
- Add to Portfolio