- Prof's House. South Univ. East Res.
- 1878/1891 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Engineering Building. Built 1840 as Professor's House; Dental College 1877-1891. (Original building with east wing.) no 182
- One of the four original buildings on campus, located on South University east of the Presidents' house, where Clements Libary now stands. Used as Professor's house from 1840 to 1877 and as the Dental College from 1877 to 1891. East wing added in 1878. In 1891, the Dental School moved, the building was enlarged to the north, a third story was added, the entrance changed to the west, and "Engineering" placed over the door. Used by Engineeering from 1891 to 1922. After 1904 it was called "Old Engineering Building." Demolished in 1922.
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Old Engineering Building (University of Michigan)
- Professor's House (University of Michigan)
- Dental College (University of Michigan)
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Columns--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- one-half of stereograph
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:24:54
26257 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio