- Economics Building Fire [Interior through window]
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Built in 1856. First chemical laboratory at a state university. Building served medical students and others as both laboratory and classroom. Situated just west and south of the original medical building. Additions made to the one-story building in 1861, 1866, 1868, 1874. In 1880 a two-story addition was added with subsequent additions in 1889 and 1901. Became Economics Building in 1908. Pharmacology occupied north wing 1908-1981. Destroyed by fire Christmas Eve 1981.
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Economics Building (University of Michigan)
- Fires--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Slide mount
- Scan Source
- 35 mm color slide
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:25:48
25243 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact Bentley Historical Library for further information.
- Add to Portfolio