- Chemical Laboratory
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Chemistry Building. no. 173
- A. J. Jordan, architect. Built in 1856. First chemical laboratory at a state university. Building served medical students and others as both laboratory and classroom. Situated just west and south of the original medical building. Additions made to the one-story building in 1861, 1866, 1868, 1874. In 1880 a two-story addition was added with subsequent additions in 1889 and 1901. Became Economics Building in 1908. Pharmacology occupied north wing 1908-1981. Destroyed by fire Christmas Eve 1981. Image is a photograph of a sketch.
- Chemical Laboratory (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 6 b/w photograph of a sketch
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:38:44
27319 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio