- Barbour Gymnasium - Mary Jane Porter Room plaque
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- John Scott, architect. There is a discrepancy in building date. Sources cite both 1902 and 1896. "Among the gifts [for the women's gymnasium] was a transfer of $711 from the Mary J. Porter Fund, one of the first alumnae contributions to the university." (source: University of Michigan: an Encyclopedic Survey) Barbour Gymnasium (for women) was attached to the north side of the Waterman Gymnasium.
- Barbour Gymnasium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Gymnasiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Plaques--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:36:43
26258 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. For further information contact Bentley Historical Library at email@example.com.
- Add to Portfolio