- Barbour Gymnasium - Sarah Caswell Angell plaque, dated 1905
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- John Scott, architect. There is a discrepancy in building date. Sources cite both 1902 and 1896. The Sarah Caswell Angell Hall was on the second floor and was used as a theater until the 1920s. Later used for instruction in dancing (source: The University of Michigan: an Encyclopedic Survey). Barbour Gymnasium [for women] was attached to the north side of the Waterman Gymnasium.
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Barbour Gymnasium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Alumni and alumnus
- Plaques--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Gymnasiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:36:42
26258 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. For further information contact Bentley Historical Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add to Portfolio