- Inventory Number
- P.Wisc. inv. 10
- Processing Number
- Recto; Fragment E
Background and Physical Properties
- 3 x 1 cm
- 1 line
- Conservation Status
- A light-brown papyrus, consisting of three large and two small fragments. All the fragments are unevenly broken off. The preserved fragments are, save for some holes and fading, in good condition.
- Palaeographic Description
- The texts on all fragments run parallel to the fibers. At least six hands are discernible, all of them well-trained. The letters are all extremely large, with the exception of those written by the third hand. This fragment might possibly have been written by the same hand that wrote receipt 1.
- Department of Special Collections; Memorial Library; Madison; Wisconsin
- 78/79 A.D.
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Tax Receipt (5) for Vine-Land
- The papyrus is a receipt that was in the possession of Lucius Ignatius Fronto Tiberinus and (his wife) Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios. Every time they received a receipt for taxes they had to pay In connection with their vineyard, they had it transferred to a papyrus.
- Subject Headings
- Perseus Link
- View the Greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PWisc I Sijpesteijn P.J. 1967 27 Plate X Sijpesteijn P.J., PWisc I, 27, 1967, Plate X
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Shelton John C., P. Wisc. 27, ZPE 14 (1974) pp. 45-50; Shelton John, A Further Note on P. Wisc. 27; ZPE 18 (1975) p. 288.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)