- Inventory Number
- P.Wisc. inv. 10
- Processing Number
- Recto; Fragment D
Background and Physical Properties
- 7.3 x 4 cm
- 3 lines
- Conservation Status
- A light-brown papyrus, consisting of three large and two small fragments. All the fragments are unevenly broken off. The preserved fragments are, save for some holes and fading, in good condition.
- Palaeographic Description
- The texts on all fragments run parallel to the fibers. At least six hands are discernible, all of them well-trained. The letters are all extremely large, with the exception of those written by the third hand.
- Department of Special Collections; Memorial Library; Madison; Wisconsin
- 78/79 A.D.
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Tax Receipt (5) for Vine-Land
- The papyrus is a receipt that was in the possession of Lucius Ignatius Fronto Tiberinus and (his wife) Ptolema, daughter of Dionysios. Every time they received a receipt for taxes they had to pay In connection with their vineyard, they had it transferred to a papyrus.
- Subject Headings
- 6th hand]. For vineyards in Hephaistias . . . . . thousand six hundred, total ch . . . , total one thousand talents a . . . . and for aparurion one thousand.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PWisc I Sijpesteijn P.J. 1967 27 Plate X Sijpesteijn P.J., PWisc I, 27, 1967, Plate X
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Shelton John C., P. Wisc. 27, ZPE 14 (1974) pp. 45-50; Shelton John, A Further Note on P. Wisc. 27; ZPE 18 (1975) p. 288.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)