background and physical properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 11.1 x 21.4 cm
- Fragment B: Column I: 17 lines; Column II: 18 lines
- Conservation Status
- The papyrus is light-brown in color. The papyrus has been broken off irregularly on all sides. An upper margin of 1.5 cm. has been left. The lines slope upwards to the right. Between columns I and II there is a space of approximately 2.5 cm. two vertical folds are still visible.
- Palaeographic Description
- The document consists of two parts, written in the same hand (thicker pen has been used in the second part and the ink is of a darker color). The hand is clearly well-trained. The text, which is mutilated in a few places due to the folds and fading, or is difficult to read, runs parallel to the fibers.
- Department of Special Collections; Memorial Library; Madison; Wisconsin
- IInd Century A.D
- Provenance Unknown
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- List of Names
- The papyrus contains a sum, arranged by a daily order, of artabas of wheat received. In fragment A the bookings are indeed made from day to day, but in columns I and II of fragment B certain days are not represented by entries (because the sitologoi didn’t receive anything on these days?)the question arises whether we are dealing here with a private book-keeping of the sitologoi or with an account sent to the strategus.
- Subject Headings
- List of names
- Daily order
- Private book-keeping
- Account sent to the Strategus.
information on publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PWisc I Sijpesteijn P.J. 1967 25 Plate IX Sijpesteijn P.J., PWisc I, 25, 1967, Plate IX
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)