background and physical properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- Archive of Gaius Iulius Sabinus & family, or of Satabous son of Pnepheros & family?
- 12 X 18.5 cm
- Col. I - 5
- Col. II - 26
- Negative in Copenhagen
- Conservation Status
- broken at left (only the ends of the last 5 lines of the first column are preserved, and a strip is missing along most of the left margin of col. II) and at the top; large number of holes
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of PMich VIII, 482
- August 23, 133 A.D.
- unknown place, province of Egypt(?)
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 30-132*-YII (9)
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- End of a letter sent to a brother, expressing vividly the writer's attachment to him
- Subject Headings
- [---] (&family);
- Hadrianus, Emperor
- . . . and if you want anything, write me everything that you want. Your hood is still safely laid away. They sent it to Syria again, and they brought it to me without delay. I pray for your health.
- [I have] it [in my keeping]. Peteeus, who is writing the letter for me, salutes you repeatedly as well as your wife and your daughter and Bassos your horse . . . . for I myself ask you, brother. If you wish to come and take me with you, come, and wherever you take me, I will follow you, and as I love you the god will love me. I pray for your health.
- Year 17 of the Emperor Caesar Trajan Hadrian Augustus, Mesore 30, according to the Greeks.
- And do not hesitate to write letters, since I rejoiced exceedingly, as if you had come. From the day that you sent me letter I have been saved.
information on publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich VIII Winter JG-Youtie HC 1951 482 Winter JG-Youtie HC, PMich VIII, 482, 1951 -- BL VI, 82 on lines 1,13-14,20 BL VI, 82 on lines 1,13-14,20 Cristianesimo in Egitto Naldini M. 1998(2) 1 (with add., p. 425) Naldini M., Cristianesimo in Egitto, 1 (with add., p. 425), 1998(2)
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)