Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 13/5 x 13.5 cm.
- Conservation Status
- This light-brown document is regularly cut on all sides but damaged at the top and bottom. A kollesis near the right edge. (TC)
- Palaeographic Description
- This document is written in a sloping semi-cursive hand, probably to be dated in the fourth century.
- Ann Arbor
- IVth century A.D.
- purchased in Egypt by B.P. Grenfell and F.W. Kelsey in March-April 1920
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- list of money and utensils
- This papyrus contains a list of money and utensils, provided for the sister of the writer; the reason for the provision is not stated, but may have been made because the father was away in another village.
- Subject Headings
- Wine and wine making--Egypt.
- Oils and fats--Egypt.
- Hides and skins--Egypt.
- Bronze implements--Egypt.
- "The account of the utensils which I provide for my sister.
- For the year in which my father dwelt in Nemhate, that is, the fifteenth year of the indiction. 8 nomismata
- The eleventh year of the indiction: for loaves of bread and wine which she sold while I was in Nemhate and kept for herself: total - - 6 nomismata
- For the pig which she sold 10 nomismata
- For the utensils which she received from
- my father 2 knives
- Bronze utensils 3
- Garments of sheepskin (?) 2
- A vessel holding a spathion (?) of oil 1
- A pot 1
- A large cupboard (?) 1."
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections BASP 19 Husselman EM 1982 61-2 Photo Husselman EM, BASP 19, 61-2, 1982, Photo
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 4309 x 4583
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)