Background and Physical Properties
- + P.Mich. Inv. 4799b; also + P.Mich. Inv. 4697a and Inv. 4738? (cf. note); Archive of the praktor Sokrates son of Sarapion?
- Conservation Status
- broken off on the left side, at the top(?) and at the bottom(?)
- Latter half of the IInd century A.D.
- (probably) Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown dyke-surveyor
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Register of work performed for the penthemeral dyke corvée
- Fragment of ledger in which are recorded the names of persons obligated to work on the embankments as well as the date and place of the work performed by them, with references by column to a daybook
- Subject Headings
- 650 0: Priests.
- Dikes (Engineering)--Egypt.
- Pe---on son of Ptolemaios;
- Teon son of Petheus grandson of [- - -]
- Ptollas son of S[- - -];
- (Epagathos: see Geographica)
- Epagathiane (dioryx)
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections Aegyptus 31 Pearl OM 1951 226 SB VI 9496 Pearl OM, Aegyptus 31, 226, 1951 -- SB VI 9496 -- BL V, 116 (on line 4) BL V, 116 (on line 4)
Information on Publications--Further Republications
Information on Publications--Electronic Edition
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- N. Lewis, CE 29 (1954) p. 295; P.J. Sijpesteijn, Penthemeros-Certificates in Graeco-Roman Egypt = Pap.Lugd.-Bat. XII (Leiden, 1964) p. 59, no. 110; p. 60-61, no. 123; 130; 132.
Information on Publications--Notes
- Could be part of same roll as P.Mich. VI 380 and/or 381, but see N. Lewis, CE 29 (1954) p. 295 and P.J. Sijpesteijn, PLBat 12 (1963) p. 59, no. 110.
System and Image Metadata
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)