Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 7.6 x 26 cm
- Conservation Status
- Broken off at the top
- Ann Arbor
- (Middle of the) IInd century B.C.
- Purchased in November 1925 from Brummer, in New York
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Private Letter
- Letter from a man to a female relative of his, to whom he explains that he has been detained from returning home and that she should prepare to change domiciles with him
- Subject Headings
- Moving, Household--Egypt.
- Physical education and training--Egypt.
- (unnamed) paidotribos
- [- - -] having received on behalf of the physical trainer [- - -] and (that) he remains until(?) the arrears . . . are conveyed to him. And I cannot move from the village until he departs. And I cannot find an acquaintance with whom I could send you something. Please look after yourself until my forthcoming arrival. Secure your things as you'll be moving with us; for the people received me in a friendly fashion. Farewell. Year 10, Phaophi 16
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections BASP 12 Sijpesteijn PJ 1975 93-95 Sijpesteijn PJ, BASP 12, 93-95, 1975 PMich XV Sijpesteijn PJ 1982 750 Pl. XXXI Sijpesteijn PJ, PMich XV, 750, 1982, Pl. XXXI -- BL IX 164 (l. 6-9). BL IX 164 (l. 6-9).
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 2743 x 6384
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)