Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 8.5 X 10 cm
- Conservation Status
- broken off at top and bottom
- Ann Arbor
- ca. 180-210 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 24-S5000-courtyard on the south
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Fragment of Petition
- Fragment of a petition reporting a theft of dates and for violence
- Subject Headings
- Agriculture--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Justice, Administration of--Egypt--Arsionoite Nome.
- Theft--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- Psenarpsen¯esis (Extinct city)
- Karanis (Extinct city)
- Violence--Egypt--Arsinoite Nome.
- [- - -];
- Satabous son of Satabous alias Kinkiol (see ZPE 17  p. 222-223), & son
- Psenarpsenesis; Karanis
- [. . . When I visited] the olive-garden land which belongs to me in the plain of Psenarpsenesis of the village of Karanis, I found Satabous, also called Kinkiol, along with his son, harvesting the fruit of the date-palms on the same land. And when I wanted to lay hold of him, desiring to kill(?) me with the pruning-knife(?) that he had and [to appropriate] my [land, he . . .]
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections PMich Michael Michael EM 1965 11 SB XII 11113 Michael EM, PMich Michael, 11, 1965 -- SB XII 11113 -- BL VII, 225 (line 7; date) BL VII, 225 (line 7; date)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- H.C. Youtie, ZPE 17 (1975) p. 222-223; P.J. Sijpesteijn, ZPE 34 (1979) p. 126.
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Add to Portfolio
- 2320 x 3072
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)